1. We visited Nashville a few weekends ago to see my sister at Vanderbilt, but while we were there we of course had to be foodies and find some good places to eat. We already posted about Biscuit Love. We also hit up Local Taco, Hattie B’s Hot Chicken, Fresh To Order and Jeni’s Ice Cream….we ate well for a short weekend trip.
2. Have you tried the most recent incarnation of Oreo special edition flavors – key lime pie? It’s really good, but honestly a little sweet. Tastes a lot like limeade. Cotton Candy is still my fave.
3. Speaking of cotton candy, I tried a couple of the new Starbucks frappuccino flavors – cotton candy and cinnamon roll. The cotton candy flavor was too sweet and tasted like raspberry, so not the best. But the cinnamon roll was delish.
4. New favorite way to eat fresh corn? Cut it off the cob and saute it up in a pan with a bit of olive oil or butter and season with salt and pepper. So good. I’m not really a big fan of canned or frozen corn, but I like it fresh from the cob.
5. I received the Influenster Sunshine VoxBox for free to test out the products in it. I was super excited because I got the new sriracha Blue Diamond almonds to try – we love sriracha in this house and use it frequently. We also love Blue Diamond products. I have been savoring the snack pack all week, slowly enjoying them bit by bit because they are SO GOOD! Try them now.
6. Peaches are finally in season!! I love peach season because I love peach cobbler. My sister and I discovered the best recipe ever years ago, we used to make it all the time when we lived together in college. When I make it now, it makes me think of her and fun times we had before we both got married and she got some babies. So I made it recently and it’s still as simple and good as ever.
7. We are slowly marking things off our house to do list. Yes, we have a massive to do list – which sounds daunting and crazy – but it actually helps us feel productive. When you go back through it and see what all you have gotten done, you feel so much better about what is left.
8. So the house…did you see that we repaired our front door and finally got the floor finished? Well, mainly my husband did it…I helped a little. 😉 But it looks amazing! I’m so happy that it’s finally done. I mean, we still have to patch and repair the inside trim and then paint it, but we have a front door that our friends and family can use.
9. We’ve been hanging out with our nieces a lot more lately. It’s been so fun to get to know their little personalities so much better. They are two spunky fun red heads! So we took them to the Knoxville zoo with our besties and their baby, Jasper, last weekend. We had a blast, but were super exhausted at the end of the day. And we have a pretty dang good zoo for our little city.
10. Watching Parenthood on Netflix. It’s seriously all the feels all the time. I think it’s such an incredible show because it’s realistic. As in they are not afraid to show hard things that happen in real life – the tough stuff. But it means that at times I really really dislike some of the characters. True Detective has been weird this season. We are sticking it out, but just not sure how we feel about it. Anyone else watching it? Ballers has been way fun to watch so far though.
11. I think you know my love of matcha green tea by now, but if not check out the review I did of Encha matcha. But one thing we’ve discovered from Trader Joe’s that we love? Their mochi ice cream is pretty incredible, but the green flavor? By far and away the best. If you like matcha, green tea or mochi, buy them and buy them now.
12. Are you a fan of To Kill A Mockingbird? We both read it in high school, but enjoyed it. Okay, that’s an understatement for Remington. He stole a book from his school library because he loved it so much. It’s his favorite book of all time. So when Go Set A Watchman was published, he had to buy it to read. He’s just started, so no idea what he thinks yet. Are you reading it? There’s been quite a bit of controversy over it in the press.
13. I’m finally reading If I Stay. I love how it is written and the perspectives in the book. I’m not that far into it since I’ve not had a ton of time to read, but I’m digging it so far.
That’s it for now, y’all. Have a great weekend!