Happy Friday! Have a picture of a cake because why not! And have a list of some of our (yes our – he has some too) favorite beauty products of late. I’ve never been a super girly girl when it comes to beauty. I like to keep it low maintenance and in fact have just recently started learning about things like dry shampoo and that I don’t look like a hooker in the right shade of lipstick. 😉 On the husband front, he is all about having a “skin regimen” now for his face. We are learning to be grown ups together – ain’t that cute!
1. Jeff Chastain created a line of haircare products sold exclusively by Birchbox – PARLOR. We’ve only tried the reworkable hold paste so far, but it’s uh-mazing! The smell is insanely good, the hold is just right and it doesn’t leave your hair feeling stiff or sticky.
2. Have you tried Cargo brand blush? I love the Shimmering Hot Pink – Amalfi. It doesn’t seem to be listed on their direct site anymore though – google it though and you’ll find it.
3. I kind of hate paying a lot for beauty products unless it’s really worth it. So I broke down and tried Benefits’ new Roller Lash mascara. Might just be the best mascara I’ve ever used…I don’t use an eyelash curler because it freaks me out too much to have something that crimps things so close to my eyeball, but with Roller Lash you don’t even need it.
4. I’ve developed a lipstick obsession in the last few 6 months or so and have quickly amassed a ridiculous collection. One of my current faves for spring has been LAQA&CO Sheer Lip Lube in Honeypot. It’s a pretty and light color for spring that goes on sheer, but with the creamiest dreamiest texture and a hint of mint.
5. So I know I am reeeaaalllly late to this whole dry shampoo party, but thanks to Birchbox I finally tried it AND I LOVE IT. Why did I wait so long?? I was already washing my hair every other day, but with dry shampoo I can extend it a whole nother day and extend my sleep by 10-15 more minutes. That makes this not a morning person person one happy camper. My favorites brands so far have been Amika and Fekkai (although Fekkai’s spray can has some issues they need to fix). Have you tried dry shampoo? What’s your go-to brand?
6. Remington got a sample of LAB Series daily defense moisturizer in his Birchbox one month, but when he went to purchase a full-size after reviews, he opted for their Age Rescue Water-Charged Gel Cream because ya know, he’s getting old. 😉 He loves this stuff, says it takes a very small amount to moisturize his face and leaves it feeling smooth as buttah.
7. The hubs does not shave daily because it’s an inconvenience and it’s hard on his sensitive skin. But two things he’s changed / tried lately that have made the whole process easier? Proraso shaving cream and Harry’s razors. Proraso’s line of shaving cream products comes in four different “colors”. He tried a sample of the Green which had menthol in the ingredients and left him feeling cool and tingly, but bought a full-size of the Blue for sensitive skin. He loves both kinds and it’s great that a large tube is only $10. Secondly, Harry’s makes shave products as well, including the The Truman Razor for $10. Finally an affordable razor that does a better job than the more expensive ones you can pick up at the grocery store. He says it’s got a good weight and balance to it, so you don’t have to pull down your face much making for an easy shave. You can’t beat that you can get refill blades for as little as $1.56 each.
9. Speaking of…I have been wearing a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it daily for about 6 months now by Jouer. I’ve always worn a moisturizer with SPF, but now I’ve made the transition to a tinted one for sheer coverage. This one is a matte finish to alleviate shine – it goes on super smooth and helps even out pores / skin tone. I’m not a fan of heavy make-up or foundation, but a lightweight tinted moisturizer or BB or CC cream filled with things that are good for your skin is something I can get behind.
10. I’ve noticed that my hands don’t look as young as they once did. I’ve been using Davines Anti Aging Hand Cream. It’s so luscious and leaves your hands feeling hydrated all day. I don’t even care if this lotion reserves aging when it smells and feels this good.
Okay, that’s it for now, just a short list of some of our favorite products. Have a great Memorial Day weekend, guys!
We are not affiliated with any of these brands nor were we paid to promote them, we just love their products.