“When I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I AM the master”
WARNING: Nerd Rant to follow
And with one final blow, George Lucas has killed any desire of mine to own the Original Star Wars Trilogy on BluRay.
I was SO excited about this. I have all the other components. Man-cave complete with big screen tv, bluray player, surround sound…all that missing was my Star Wars in digitally remastered hi-def. Boo-yah.
I can live with most of the pointless changes Lucas has made over the years. Touching up special effects, adding deleted scenes, or fixing things that got messed up/lost over the years…those are okay with me. But ones that affect characters, storyline, personality, etc….are simply NOT COOL. For example…
- Han shot first. Plain and simple. He was a scoundrel and a rogue. Now he’s just a guy with a cocky attitude who retaliated in self-defense.
- The alteration of the dialogue between Vader & the Emperor aboard the Executor. Desperate attempt to “bridge the gap” between the two trilogies
- The new musical number in Jabba’s palace. Cartoonish and overdone.
- Hayden Christiansen’s ghost in place of Sebastian Shaw. No. Just…No.
- And now, the infamous “NOOOOOO” added to Darth Vader right before he chucks the Emperor to his death (BluRay). What was easily one of the worst, most mocked moments of the new trilogy has now made it’s way into the old trilogy. Thus ruining Vader’s mystique, silent torment and personal anguish. Now he just sounds like an idiot.