Need some last minute shopping ideas like me? I am usually the worst procrastinator at finishing up my Christmas shopping. I am actually ahead of the game this year, but I didn’t really start much before Thanksgiving! Why do I add this extra stress this time of year?? And now that there is just two weeks left until the big day, I am starting to panic!
But I do love giving gifts! The fun of coming up with a clever, creative, thoughtful gift is my favorite thing! I’ve broken down my lists into gifts for her, gifts for him, for the foodie, for the pet lover, the very best chocolates (in our humble opinion), and homemade gifts, which we enjoy doing to add a personal touch to our gift giving each year.
While this is not a sponsored post by any of these companies or brands, some of the links may be affiliate links meaning we make a tiny commission off of any purchase made, which helps support this blog.
- Tieks by Gavrieli ballet flats – I saved up and splurged on a pair of these flats for our trip to Thailand. I love them. They are the most comfortable, wearable shoes ever. They are super cute and come in the most versatile range of stylish colors.
- Kate Spade bag – really anything the women designs makes a great splurge gift. I don’t know a woman who wouldn’t be ecstatic.
- Ugg Robe – can you believe these exist? I love my Ugg slippers and would wear the crap out of this thing.
- Rose Gold Apple Watch – rose gold is the new black. So hot right now. And the Apple watch somehow went from a cool gimmick to the next big thing in tech. I honestly think they are pretty cool, but want to wait for the next generation to come out to fix the issues. Still makes a great splurge gift.
- Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin System – give her the gift of the ultimate facial at home any time you want one.
- Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis – this perfume scented with orange blossom from Morocco, pink pomelo from Florida, iris from Tuscany, mint from China, and hints of grapefruit. It is fruity and fresh, floral and light.
For Every Budget:
- PJ Salvage pajamas – with their fun, whimsical designs these flannel pajamas are sure to be just as cozy as they are cute.
- Birchbox Gift Subscription – what’s better than getting a new surprise in the mail month after month of products to try. We both love when our Birchbox arrives!
- Vintage Pearl Spoon Ring – a classic ring style. Vintage Pearl handcasts a beautiful vintage spoon in fine pewter and turned it into a gorgeous chunky keepsake ring!
- Hand Stamped Necklace – for a wife or mother, personalize a necklace with all of the things she loves and holds precious in her life.
- A Pretty Planner – women are notorious for running a million miles a minute and constantly thinking about all the things we have to do. Help her keep it all straight in a very pretty pretty way! Who wouldn’t want to pull out something this beautiful to jot down all of the things to get done. Love this Rifle Paper Co one and this Emily Ley Daily Planner.
- ban.do Back Me Up Mobile in Party Dots – Keep her from running out of battery power while on the run and keep her stylish to boot.
- Ear Jacket Earrings from Bauble Bar – the totally in thing in jewelry fashion right now and they are SUPER cute. I especially love the Cairo Ear Jackets.
- English Laundry Eau de Parfum rollerball – this smells like cotton candy, but not in a sickening sweet way. It’s girly and sweet and pretty and fun.
- Beautyblender – the ultimate and perfect beauty tool. This sponge is amazing and a girl can never have too many of them. They last a while, but do eventually wear out. So nice to get one as a gift.
- Sugar Lip Treatment – this stuff is amazing. It makes your lips so soft, it smells so good (think bright, citrusy, clean scent) and feels great going on. It keeps your lips moisturized for a really really long time and it protects them with SPF. I like the untinted version, but it comes in a range of colors. Plus it is made without parabens and sulfates.
- Brass Ngunge Three-Bangle Bracelet – a handmade, 100% hammered brass cuff is ethically crafted by artisans in Kenya. Committed to promoting trade in Kenya and providing sustainable work opportunities, MADE by World Market helps build communities and preserve traditional craftsmanship techniques, creating safe working environments for local artisans. It always feels good to give gifts that promote and provide trade for those in need.
- Cake Ornament – these hand-crafted glass ornaments by Sur La Table are from Poland and the detail is amazing. They are all so beautiful and life-like – I want to just lick the frosting right off that cake.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner – I am SO not a make-up girly girl. I struggle with drawing the perfect line or wingtip and with knowing what the perfect blush or eye shadow is for me, but I am beginning to enjoy it more and find things that work for me. I love this eyeliner; it was my first liquid eyeliner and it makes drawing a straight perfect line so easy!
- Xbox One or Playstation 4 – With the recent price drop, you can snag a bundle for around $300. Both systems have been out for a couple of years and have found their footing. Now’s as good a time as any to hop on the next-gen wagon.
- Sphero BB-8 App Enabled Droid – Did someone say Holographic messaging? Even I think this is cool.
- Mini Kegerator – I am told that it’s cheaper in the long run to have one. Uh huh. 😉 Either way, your husband will love having his favorite draft beer on tap at home!! To round it out, fill it up with his favorite beer.
- Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera – Basically a toy for grown-up boys because boys just never really outgrow the age of wanting to play with “toys” do they?
- Gibson Les Paul Guitar – if your guy is musically inclined and plays the guitar or is learning to play, then this is definitely an awesome splurge gift. Remington would KILL to have this hanging on his wall of guitars.
For Every Budget:
- Battlefront – ANY guy my our age will want this. If your man owns a PS4 or a Xbox One, this is a must-have. Relive all that beautiful nostalgia and take no shame in riding the Star Wars hype train b/c it’s coming back in FULL force. Get it? Yeah, you do.
- Ugg Scuff Slippers – Remington loves these super soft, cozy, comfy slippers and wears them out so he needs a new pair almost yearly.
- English Laundry Oxford Bleu – men never buy themselves fragrances, so it makes a great gift. I love getting Remington things I know he wants or likes, but will never buy for himself.
- Handmade Leather Toiletry Bag – what’s better than a handcrafted leather bag for all of his man stuff? I don’t know about you, but the more he gets into all this primping and regimen stuff the more product he amasses and needs somewhere to keep it all.
- YETI Rambler – YETI makes some of the world’s best coolers and have now made the perfect vessel for holding your favorite beverage. They keep cold drinks ice cold for hours and hot drinks like your morning coffee steaming hot until the afternoon!
- Fossil Leather Magnetic Front Wallet – he can always use a new wallet; they wear out so quickly and Remington has switched to a front pocket wallet because it’s easier on his back.
- Millennium Falcon Bluetooth Speaker – don’t most guys loves Star Wars and love everything about Han Solo and his millennium falcon? Now it’s a swanky bluetooth speaker? He would love it, especially in honor of the new movie coming out.
- Lightsaber BBQ Tongs – Barbecue like a Jedi. ‘Nuff said.
- Birchbox Man Gift Subscription – I hate to be redundant here, but the Man subscription to Birchbox really does also make a great gift for a guy. The Man’s box is $20 per month, but they get to use an actual fun, cool item each month from touch screen gloves to earbuds to a copper flask along with their bevy of samples. Remington absolutely loves getting his each month.
- The Truman Razor (and razors)– Well made, balanced, and sleek. Bonus? It’s cheap, and so are the razors. No more paying $15 for a 3 pack at the grocery store. Tell them how often you shave and they’ll ship them to you automatically so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Proraso Shaving Cream – Remington has sensitive skin. So he opts for the “Protect” variety. However, their Refresh shaving cream has Eucalyptus & Menthol and will leave your face feeling all tingly like a true barber shop shave.
- Sipping Stones – How to keep that fine Scotch ice cold but not watered down? Yeah, these bad boys will do the trick. Keep them in freezer, use them instead of ice. Makes a GREAT stocking stuffer.
- Glove.ly Touchscreen Gloves – keep his hands warm while he’s texting you love notes with these cool touchscreen gloves. Cozy and convenient.
- Eufora Hero Hair Products – these are the hair products used on the set of Mad Men to get those perfectly coiffed pompadores from that era. Remington’s favorite pomade is their defining wax
For the Foodie:
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – an invaluable tool in the kitchen. It is so versatile and EVERY single serious home cook needs one. In every color.
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking, vol 1 – Julia Child just never gets old.
- David’s Tea Infuser Mug – Gold dipped everything is everywhere right now and this mug is not only trendy, it’s also incredibly useful. Makes steeping loose leaf tea a breeze! David’s Tea Sets also make great a great gift with their unique tea flavors from Honeycrisp Apple to Birthday Cake.
- Urban Accents’ Popcorn Gift Set – popcorn made at home on the stove has become our go-to treat / snack food. We are super guilty of whipping up a batch on a weeknight after dinner while we watch our tv shows. Our favorite to make it lately has been with coconut oil, so this assortment of popcorns and toppings would be awesome!
- Food Art – I am suddenly obsessed with this artist from the UK. I love food and art, so what’s better than art that is food and that looks so real? My favorites are the ice cream series and the fictional food since we are avid movie buffs. I need that Holly Golightly’s Breakfast print stat.
- Skinnytaste Cookbook – Gina’s recipes are awesome! They are healthy, but not lacking in flavor at all! Most of what we cook during the week is from her website or cookbook. Anyone who tries to be healthy, but loves to eat would relish this book.
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven – our dutch oven is the most used pot in our kitchen. It’s so versatile, heavy duty, and produces perfect even heating! We have a large oval one that is big enough for a huge batch of soup or macaroni and cheese!
- Hand-Stamped Serveware – I like these from World Market, but you can also find them on Etsy by local artists. These make a great hostess gift as well.
- Encha Matcha Latte Gift Set – Most foodies know the amazing powers of matcha tea and have a penchant for it’s subtle flavors, so a lovely set of some of the best quality you can find this side of the hemisphere is a pretty great gift.
- Aeropress Coffee Maker – the pour over and press type of coffee makers are all the rage right now. Starbucks got on the bandwagon with their Clover machines. The Chemex brand pour over coffee makers have seen a resurgence and now the hot way to brew your favorite morning beverage is the Aeropress, which brings out the best in every bean. Its unique brewing method gives the richest coffee flavor, with less bitterness and acidity, and no grounds left in your cup!
- Paderno Handheld Spiralizer – this kitchen gadget is so handy. A spiralizer makes turning any veggie into noodles a cinch so you can enjoy your favorite pasta sauce over a bed of zucchini instead of pasta and save those extra calories for ice cream. That’s not how it works? Anyway, I love this handheld version for taking up less precious storage space in the kitchen.
For the Pet Lover:
- Barkbox Subscription – as much as we enjoy getting a surprise in the mail each month with Birchbox, I am sure the Barkbox would go over like bandits with our boys.
- Dog toys – our favorites are Nylabone, Kong, and Cow bones. What? Corgis have the chewing power of a Mastiff.
- Orvis Deep Dish Memory Foam dog bed – doesn’t your best friend deserve the best night’s sleep too? Before we got our new Yogabed, this bed for Dash was by far the best mattress in our house. He loves it. So much. And it has held up really well, so it’s worth not having to replace a $50 bed every 6 months or so.
- Trader Joe’s Turkey & Cranberry Dog Treats – our dogs go ape for all of the dog treats from Trader Joe’s, but these are extra special and festive for the holidays.
- Custom Pet Pillows – just cooky enough to be adorable and when your pet can’t travel with you, this pillow can bring you the comfort of their cuddles from home.
- Personalized Pet Ornament – this mirrored ornament in the shape of your favorite furry friend makes a great classic gift. You could also find something handmade on Etsy to support a local artist like this Hand-Painted Welsh Corgi ornament that strikes a remarkable resemblance to Dodge.
The Very Best Chocolates (for gift giving – they make great stocking stuffers…yeah that’s it…gift giving):
- Seattle Chocolates – their truffles and truffle chocolate bars are to die for. Seriously creamy and delicious and some of the best flavors. Hot Buttered Rum, anyone?
- this Firecracker Bar from Chuao Chocolatier (or really any of the crazy fun flavors from Chuao). Spicy and just dang fun to eat. I mean, it has Pop rocks candy in it. Men may say they don’t like chocolate, but this is chocolate they will like.
- Vosges Chocolate Truffles – the most exotic, luscious truffles made by a chocolate wizard in New York. Seriously amazing. Takes giving chocolate to a whole new level.
- Christmas Sugar Cookies – a classic in the homemade edible gift giving arena. Perfect for co-workers or your child’s teacher.
- Gourmet Toasted Cookie Dough – do you know anyone who doesn’t lick the bowl when making chocolate chip cookies? A gift of edible cookie dough is perfection in a jar.
- Chai Sugar Scrub – Rich and indulgent for your skin with good for you ingredients that will help anyone stressed out this season relax.
- Rocky Road Bars – if you are baking this season to give out baskets of goodies for friends and family, then these have to be included. They are delicious and a favorite of ours this time of year. Layers of graham crackers, coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips and marshmallows are drizzled with sweetened condensed milk and chocolate. I don’t even like shredded coconut, but I love these bars.
- Earl Grey Pistachio Shortbread Cookies – I don’t know what it is about these cookies, but EVERYONE loves them. Thank goodness this recipe makes a ton!
- Orange Marmalade – or any homemade jam or jelly makes a wonderful gift. People don’t often buy themselves treats like specialty jams or marmalade, but it’s a nice thing to have around the holidays. Bonus: it is something that will last a really long time in the fridge.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf – this cupcake batter also bakes up to the perfect sweet bread for gift giving!
- Savory Herb Salt Rub – your favorite homemade spice blend or rub recipe would be a personal gift for any avid cook.
- Chai Tea Latte Mix – a homemade version of this instant drink mix will warm anyone’s heart.
- Homemade Liqueurs – the holiday season is about a lot of wonderful things like being joyful, grateful, and generous, but it’s also about indulging and enjoying holiday foods and beverages. Help make someone’s holiday drink extra special with a handcrafted liqueur. 😉
We hope you have a wonderful Holiday season and take time to focus on what is most important this time of year – the joy of the season, the generosity of ourselves and others, and the priceless gift of time with those you love.
Merry Christmas, K&R