It’s that time of the week again! I’m giving the wife unit a break from bloggin’ today. So, you’re stuck with the other person of the Brown house.
These are a few of our fav-o-rite things…
1. Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses. I got these for Kara as a Christmas gift. Girl lost her last pair of sunglasses to the angry sea in St. Augustine. All because she had to go out and play in the waves with some guy. Okay…fine, maybe that guy persuaded her to come play in the waves and then felt super bad when she lost her sunglasses in sunny Florida of all places. Nevertheless, it all worked out because I got her these and they make her look like an updated, hotter version of Audrey Hepburn.
2. Pitch Perfect: Everybody likes a silly, run-of-the-mill, comedy. Pitch Perfect is silly. I had heard good things about it from friends and finally added it to our Netflix queue. Well, we BOTH enjoyed it. Laughed all the way through, so we bought it. And I may or may not have a soft spot for the uber-goofy, yet accordingly talented Anna Kendrick. Seriously, if you’re not following her on Twitter, you’re doing yourself a disservice.
3. Ugg Scuffette Slippers. I have the male version of these, and they are incredible. Like little clouds of magic for your feet. Most slippers will make your feet too hot, but not these fellas because the open back style keeps you cool. Like all Uggs, they eventually mold to your feet. And that my friends, is all that any of us ever want. Heavenly cloud slippers that mold to our feet.
1. Spalding 54″ Acrylic Basketball Goal: I think we’ve established that I LOVE basketball. Well, now that we own a home, with a driveway…I was not about to let it sit basketball goal-less. We have an allowance system in our household. We each get a set amount of cash each week to do with as we please. This basketball goal was a “personal” purchase, not a mutual “household” purchase.
Translation = I had to save up my allowance to buy it. So I did. For months. And it has been SO worth it. Now that the days are longer and warmer, I can’t resist heading out to the driveway and shooting around for 10 to uh…60 minutes. I would stay out there all night with the flood lights on sinking imaginary game winners in front of an imaginary crowd. OR, lower the goal to about 8 feet and throwdown like MJ in his prime.
2. Newman’s Own K-Cups: The FIRST comment everyone makes when you say you own a Keuring is “yeah, but the little cups are so expensive” Listen…get on Amazon, where the world is cheaper. Buy things like this in bulk, save some $$$, and have it dropped off at your doorstep.
I like the Newman’s Own Blend because it has a rich, mellow flavor. And not to get up on the organic bandwagon, but Newman’s Own brand has done a great job of sticking to their guns about it. So, I have no issues giving ole Paul (RIP) my money. To learn more about Paul Newman’s company, read the wiki.
3. Masterbuilt Electric Smoker: I spent a TON of time researching what sort of smoker to buy. I’m generally an old school guy when it comes to cooking, but for sake of time and convenience, I chose to go electric over the traditional charcoal. *gasp* I know! I know! There’s no doubt in my mind that I will own a charcoal smoker in the near future, but for now…with how busy our lives are, it’s easier to just throw something in the electric, set it, and forget about it until it’s done. So far…I’ve churned out some darn tasty meats.
Have a great weekend!!