Just a quick blog tonight to share a Wizarding secret!
Fans of Harry Potter will instantly recognize this beverage. Butterbeer
In short, it’s SINFULLY delicious. So rich, frothy and decadent that it’s nearly impossible to finish one glass. Fortunately, you can enjoy it anytime you want, because here’s the recipe that Fox News tracked down. With tomorrow kicking off the holiday season, there’s no better time for something like this.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp rum or rum extract
- 4 – 12 ounces bottle cream soda
- In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring often until temp reaches 240 degrees. (essentially, you’re making caramel at this point)
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 cup of the heavy cream. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
- Stir in the rum
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream with two tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture. Beat with a mixer until just thickened.
- Divide the brown sugar mixture evenly among 4 tall glasses (preferably frozen).
- Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass and stir to combine.
- Fill the glasses nearly to the top with cream soda, then top with whipped cream mixture.
- Die happy